Thursday, February 2, 2012

space weed

Orly - It's Not Rocket Science

At some point in time there was quite a bit of hype about gross, puke colours being made into beautiful nail polishes. It's Not Rocket Science is one of them.

It's a very ugly yet beautiful polish... I can't even describe. It also has lots of colours in it! What I see is gold, dark green and some bronze shimmer micro particles in a murky olive-tinted base. It also has a bit of duochrome!! How exciting. I can't really figure out what exactly's in this polish though.

Well I remember reading about this polish on Scrangie so here's a little extract from her:

It's Not Rocket Science. It's Rocket Surgery. Hehe. But seriously... super beautiful polish. Murky warm green with gold and yellow and blue sparkle and slight duochrome with a swampy green sheer base. Strange description but the end result is fantastic! Also, this is the most opaque of the recently-released similar colors and has more blue tone to it than the others.

I guess the commentary on the colours is subjective, but I want to emphasise that Scrangie is right about It's Not Rocket Science being opaque. It indeed is rather pigmented, which is a nice thing so 2 coats would suffice :-) Furthermore, despite the crazy shimmer particles - which are actually really teeny tiny flakies similar to the 24k gold in Deborah Lippmann's Boom Boom Pow - this polish dries perfectly smooth to the touch!!!

Well I know a lot of my friends would have issues wearing this polish. Even I was pretty unsure of whether to get this polish or not! In fact (I feel quite guilty to say this...) but I only purchased this polish to complete my Orly Mineral FX Collection. But surprisingly, this polish is actually the most wearable while being interesting, considering it's the most used bottle out of the rest of my Mineral FX's. It looks especially flattering on my mom's hands.

Anyways with other pretty/ugly shades besides It's Not Rocket Science like China Glaze's It's Alive, Chanel's Peridot and OPI's Stranger Tides all floating around in the consumer market, I hope girls get a little bolder and try out these shades because they are a unique kind of beautiful :-)

Speaking of Chanel's Peridot, I really wanted to get it but mannn, the price. :-((((((( I truly cannot afford it. But well, I am very happy with It's Not Rocket Science!

x, Ish

No comments:

Post a Comment