Tuesday, February 14, 2012

outer space

Orly - Out of This World

So I guess you guys know that I am absolutely in love with Orly's Mineral FX Collection. And yes I do have the whole set. Today I'll feature Out of This World.

Out of This World is a deep violet jelly-based polish, dense with mini duochrome flakies (or glass flecks, I can't decide) whose colours shift from purple to gold.

Well okay I'm not too sure about the colours of the flakies, they do confuse me. Pictured is 3 thin coats of Out of This World on my nails (sorry for the mess on the ring finger, I was in a rush!) And the duochrome reveals mostly purple shimmer. I'm looking at my nails right now and I honestly cannot detect any obvious gold shimmer, only slivers of it in indirect sunlight. I'm pretty sure the flakes are duochrome, though I considered the possibility that it's just gold mini flakies whose sheen got drowned out by the deep purple base.

Either way, I still felt cheated that from the bottle, Out of This World looked so amazing - just check out the picture of the bottle I've included below. See all that gold shimmer shining through the side of the bottle? Beautiful isn't it! Now compare that to the pictures of my nails. Tell me - just where the hell is that gold shimmer!? :-(

I guess I can see it. If your nails are really curved you would see them along the sides of your nails. But I do wish it was more obvious anyways. Perhaps it seems this way because I didn't apply my Seche topcoat like I usually do. But anyhow, I think the lack of gold impact really steals away from the whole galaxy theme Orly was aiming for. It just loses its oomph. Perhaps I should try this colour on with Seche Vite next time.

Anyways besides the confusion with the shimmer, I realised that 3 coats is ideal for application because of the jelly base which runs slightly thin, like jelly bases usually do. But the surprising thing is that the reflectiveness from the crazy amount of shimmer flecks actually give the illusion of opacity at 2 coats, which is nice.

Anyways though I was pretty disappointed by this polish (I was expecting to be blown away, like the rest of the colours did for me. ESPECIALLY Galaxy Girl!!!!) but, its being less flashy does qualify it a very wearable polish, like the kind of polish which will be your one and only, most cherished polish. So purple lovers, this will be your baby! :-)

Well, Out of This World's vampy look (it actually looks like a vampy OPI Ink) does flatter me! I look good in dark, vampy shades. I guess this one's a keeper for me.

I also realised that this polish looks very similar to OPI DS Mystery, and hence will do a comparison between these two sometime. :-)

Till next time!

x, Ish


No comments:

Post a Comment