Wednesday, February 1, 2012

no shit, sherlock

OPI - You Don't Know Jacques!

This colour is one of the most coveted OPI shades in the history of OPI. It was featured in the Best of The Best Minis, and indeed is a very interesting shade.

You Don't Know Jacques! is a taupey-brown, which leans very heavily on the brown side. Brown with a tinge of mushroomy taupe.

Initially from pictures, You Don't Know Jacques! looked a little lighter, just like it's pictured here. I'd wanted to match them with my other pair of Guess heels. I've included a picture below.

In real life, it's about like... 3 shades darker. But it's a lot more chocolate than this brown, so it didn't exactly match but at least I did achieve the earthy pink-taupe palette I was aiming for.

~~ On a side note, does anyone want these heels? They're too killer for me. My sister-in-law's called dibs on them but meanwhile, if anyone can offer me something I like these shoes are yours :-) US 8M (which is basically a size 8). ~~

Anyways, application for this baby was a dream. Except that the polish is such a chameleon. It looks one colour through the bottle, another on the brush, another while it's wet on the nail, and finally a taupey-chocolate when dried on the nail. Well I guess we really don't know Jacques... Haha pardon my bad joke.

Well the best part about this polish is that the colour doesn't look clayey, as if I were a potter's assistant. It's a rich creme, very shiny and very sophisticated. It takes a mature woman to wear this shade, which is why I think it looked better on my sister-in-law than it did on me. Hence I have a lot of respect for this polish, haha.

I think the cremes are out to get me on Team Creme. We'll see :-)

x, Ish




No comments:

Post a Comment