Wednesday, February 8, 2012

showstopper

OPI – The Show Must Go On!

How often does one come across vintage polishes!?

Okay I consider this ‘‘vintage’’ because Burlesque polishes have literally vanished off the face of the consumer market. But guess what I saw sitting on a shelf at the pharmacy while I was in LA…... :-) :-) :-)

Obviously I grabbed it! Didn’t even have to think twice. But upon closer inspection, The Show Must Go On! proved to be something more than just a red shimmer polish.

The Show Must Go On! is a red shimmer polish with a coral-red tinted base, and filled with red and gold shimmer. When the light hits it, you’ll also notice a red-goldish-pink duochrome. (The pictures show a little glimmer of duochrome! It shifts from red near my cuticles to orangey-gold and then pinkish near the tips!)

I think the name is so apt for the situation in which I used it! If you read my previous post, you’d have known that I was aiming for Barbie pink nails but failed because of darned Wet Paint Nail Glaze System. The end result wasn’t satisfactory so I removed it immediately after application, but I just couldn’t go with bare nails for the night. I was almost freaking out because I am quite anal about my nails being painted and at that point I didn’t even care that the colour didn’t match the outfit, then I spotted something red on my nail shelf. Anddd The Show Must Go On! saved my night, matching my outfit and all :-) I know it sounds corny and everything but, admit it – it is apt isn’t it!

The formula on this ran a little thinner than I’d expected. Seeing that it’s a shimmer polish, I’d expected a quicker-than-usual dry time (because from past experiences, shimmer shades tend to behave that way). However I took a little more time for it to be dry to the touch, and even then it was a little prone to denting. I’d majorly messed up my left index finger after snapping a few shots of my manicure, leaving a couple of obvious crescent-shaped dents.

Here’s the amazing bit: I just tried to smoothen out the dents my pressing it smooth, and a few hours later, the nail looked flawless. I’m dead serious, I asked a couple of people and they echoed the same response, ‘‘Nothing’s wrong, it’s perfect.’’ THIS is why I swear by shimmers and glitters!!!

On top of that, the duochrome is just lovely. I don’t think I even have to touch on how amazing it is in sunlight – all duochromes are beautiful in sunlight. The interesting part is when it’s night-time. The red-gold-pinkish mix creates a warm, orangey glow which is especially noticeable under shade or in the dark. It’s truly fascinating. I’m sorry I didn’t include a picture of such a phenomenon but wow you have to see it for yourself to be wowed. Come to think of it, the look actually it reminds me of Take The Stage, a burnt copper-orange foil-ish kind of shade. It’s also from the Burlesque family. I am going to have that swatched next! :-)

Well until next time, guys. :-)

x, Ish



No comments:

Post a Comment