Tuesday, December 6, 2011

pre-vacation

OPI - Designer... de Better!

YES! A double post today. It's a surprise for y'all I guess, I didn't think I could show this to you guys! Haha.

Well I wore this for SC Homecoming last Saturday. I'd initially thought that I'd not bothered to snap pictures but I did in the middle of removal (haha, explains the 3 nails instead of 4!). I had lots of dents and scratched-off bald patches due to the mad rush that day before my nails could dry fully! But I think these nails pictured were my good ones. Okay anyways.

This is one of my favourites! Seriously, even more than Rainbow Connection and the other more glitzy shades in the latest Muppets Holiday Collection. In fact I think the glitters are complete let-down's. They look brilliant in the bottle but turn out terrible on the nail. The clear base and the sparse application just spoils all expectations induced by how it looked in the bottle.

Okay back to this wonderful polish. It's just beautiful!!! I believe that the foil is a silver-champagne base (not a true silver nor a true champagne? If you get what I mean!) with orange specks of glitter and creates a really warm look on the nail.

I think the pictures that I took are true to what it looked like on my nails but really it's much, much more... luminous and radiant. The orange specks serve as little candle lights, and they warm up the silver-champagne base so nicely.

There were issues, of course. If I remember accurately, this polish revealed VNL!!! VNL is visible nail line, which is basically the line separating the part of your nail that's pink and the part that's white. This formula ran pretty thin as well, it'll be best at 3 coats with about 5 minutes waiting/dry-time between each coat, though I've only used 2 coats due to my hurry. Also I have quite a bit of ridges on my nails and foil finishes definitely give your ridges away!

I still love this polish to bits. I've yet to try Warm and Fozzie, the other favourite I managed to score despite it being completely out of stock everywhere. Hehe I have my ways.

BUT a pity I won't be able to post Warm and Fozzie or Marry a Millionaire in the next 2 weeks... The next post will be of a newly purchased polish when I'm in... L.A.!!! I'm leaving in less than 12 hours, and can't wait!!!

x, Ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment