Tuesday, December 6, 2011

i like it haute!

China Glaze - Some Like It Haute

Ta-da!!! I wore this for my prom. Many compliments from me to this polish:

1. GREAT dry time! I only did these like half an hour before my prom and no dents, no scratches (which couldn't be easily fixed with just a little dab of polish) and no major problems really.
2. Glitters like craaaazy!
3. The dense micro glitter in the clear base once layered on the nail (pictured here is 2 coats) gives it a very smoky, deep look and I just LOVE it!

Oh gosh I LOVE GLITTERS!!!! Preferably dense micro-glitters with some chunky glitters. Which is basically perfected in this polish!!! Best coverage and best sparkles!!! Perhaps I should invest in Material Girl, the pink counterpart to Some Like It Haute. It just bothers me that its colour is so similar to OPI's Teenage Dream. I mean I know they are different but they look reaaally similar from afar anyways and I'm not that addicted to the point that I have to have near-dupes because they're not dupes.

Well there is a downside (isn't there one to every polish haha) to this wonderful polish. It's a major topcoat-eater. It's not sandpaper-y feeling anymore on my nails right now, but it isn't perfectly smooth, which I really expected after 3 layers of Seche Vite... Plus, what I did was I'd painted 2 coats of glitter and 2 coats of top coat on a few of my left-hand nails about 3 hours before I did my right hand (which means more dry-time on the left). But when I layered a 3rd coat of top coat on all my nails, the pre-painted ones turned out exactly like my freshly painted right-hand nails. Somehow the top coat sinks between the little spaces of the glitters, regardless of dry-time. Weird huh. I really don't think it's possible to achieve a totally smooth finish for this polish! THOUGH, it would be truly amazing if that was done!

Still a fantastic polish for me though. Like Scrangie once commented on OPI's Burlesque Holiday Glitters, it feels like craft glitter glued to my nails! And yet the gun-metal grey glitters and the holographic chunky glitters make it so elegant and luxurious.

Thanks China Glaze! For creating such a nice polish!

I've yet to try Marry a Millionaire.

x, Ish.

Ps, And yes, for once I shaped my nails. Hehe oops 0:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment