Monday, November 28, 2011

lost city

OPI - Black Shatter
China Glaze - Atlantis

This polish pair is beauuuutiful! Goes so perfectly together. I love how the little glitters from Atlantis peeks cheekily out through the cracks.

I also did four 'accent' nails (because they didn't stand out more than the shattered nails but I liked the mix and so did everyone else) using a black base and Atlantis for a french tip. I didn't use OPI's Black Onyx or CG's Liquid Leather... I used a brandless black polish my mom bought in the US for 3 for USD$10 - such a good deal, glides on like butter and opaque in one coat!

Removal of the glitters was decent. Glitters are notorious for their stubbornness towards polish removers. This one wasn't too bad. Perhaps the real test is when I try to remove OPI's Rainbow Connection from my toes!

Ps, I layered OPI Rainbow Connection over OPI Planks A Lot and it looks really good, because Rainbow Connection contains all sorts of coloured glitter except for purple, and hence the glitters can stand out against a dull purple. Try it :-)

Pss, thanks Iris for suggesting the french accent nails! They turned out amazing and I received so many compliments yesterday and today. I think my initial idea of OPI Silver Shatter over a black base would've been overkill!! So thanks babe ;-)

x, Ish

No comments:

Post a Comment