Friday, June 22, 2012

glitter party

OPI - Bring On The Bling
Orly - Luxe

OPI - Sparkle-licious

Hi everyone! Since I charged my camera I managed to get a few shots of my 5-day old Burlesque manicure. I got them done at The Nail Shop at Far East Plaza while waiting for Nikki to get her tattoo done. They have an ongoing GSS promo: SGD$18 for an express mani-pedi! :-) My sister got a Princess Manicure at just $10. Then again I doubt my readers are aged 12 and below so I'd really recommend the mani-pedi promo! If you do want to try it out, the promotion lasts till end of this month. Ask for Nayumi :-)

I wasn't intending to get a mani-pedi (we had to kill some time before I headed to CJ to collect my graduation cert) so I didn't know what colours to get... until I saw the Burlesque swatches at the shop! I loooooove the OPI Burlesque Collection!

I think it's the collection I have the most colours from - Tease-y Does It!, Glow Up Already! (The bottle is pictured), Take The Stage and The Show Must Go On. Pretty good haul for a vintage collection. ;-)

Bring On The Bling is a clear-based glitter polish, containing mainly gold glitter, along with a drop of orange glitter, light blue glitter, green glitter and I think some silver glitter as well. The manicurist, Nayumi, applied two coats of this over a coat of Orly's Luxe - a yellow gold foil - for full colour coverage (colourage, lol). Not the best shade of gold though, in my opinion. I wish she had used a darker shade of gold so the glitters will really pop!

Sparkle-licious is also a clear-based glitter polish, containing mainly yellowish gold, purple and dark blue glitter. Very, very beautiful. It looks very Indian Princess themed! It had a very Princess Jasmine from Disney's Aladdin vibe. The other manicurist layered two coats of this polish over a gold OPI shade. Didn't catch a glimpse of its name and it isn't one I recognise so... Idk hahaha.

I can't say much about the application except that the manicurists seemed like working with he glitter shades was a breeze (idk I expected the polish to be goopy but it didn't look that way... or maybe it's just their job to look like they know what they are doing. Or maybe they do know what they are doing. . . ) but IN ANY CASE, the look is so wonderful!!! Of course I think the glitters require more than just a single layer of Seche to be smoothened out, and maybe that will make it more shiny/glossy too. Perhaps to make this Burlesque mani-pedi last, I might add some Seche Vite over it.

Let's wait till removal - I have a feeling it'll be a bitch like all glitters usually are.

Before I finish, my sister would like me to share her Princess manicure too. (Haha she was like reading out every word I was typing and at ''I got them done at The Nail Shop at Far East Plaza...'' she added ''with my sister''. Haha damn cute!) She chose alternating pink and purple Korean glitters (no names on the bottles...). The pink one had a soft pink jelly base - quite like OPI's Teenage Dream (which I have yet to post about...) - with silver micro glitter and sparser large round (oh and hexagonal, too...) holographic glitter which are really shiny and sparkly. The purple is similar, except the base isn't as pigmented as the pink and had to be layered over a layer of purple creme.

Quite a good deal really, you should head down if you can and Nayumi's real sweet.

OH and before I go - just a note about tipwear: Dudes this manicure didn't even start chipping until last night, and only on my weakest nail (my right middle). I expect my toes to remain perfect until like the end of next week. Awesome sauce! I just love my glitters, end of story.

Next post - either something from OPI's The Amazing Spiderman collection for BSF x Smyc or maybe a Japanese glitter. Stay tuned ;-)

x, Ish




No comments:

Post a Comment