Friday, January 20, 2012

still on backlog

Nubar - Nubar 2010

I wore this look for New Years! (During which I had a smashing time, might I add.) (Literally, smashing. Think broken doors.) (In the plural.)

The image is blurred to fully capture the various colours in this polish.

Here I've layered 1 coat of Nubar 2010 over a coat of black creme. (Some brandless one my mom purchased from the States; I'm sure I've mentioned this before.)

The resultant look is, as described by my mom's friend, a beetle's back. The multi-coloured flakies reflect mostly green, yellow, orange and red from various angles. In dull lighting they appear mostly fiery orange. This differs from the ones in Clairvoyant; Clairvoyant contains blue-coloured flakies as well.

I love Nubar 2010 because it keeps me staring at my nails so much haha I just can't take my eyes off of it! I can't say I love this as much as I love Clairvoyant... but it does come a close second.

Everything was great, actually. Dry time was excellent. I love that it has a clear base! However it doesn't dry very glossy. I always need to fall back on Seche Vite for that...

The flakies aren't as concentrated as those in Clairvoyant but they do provide sufficient coverage. I've tried layering two coats of Nubar 2010 and it's honestly too much. The scattered flakies allow some of the black base to show up around the individual flakes, which creates a very random (artsy, really) and unique look - you can't ''mess up'' the look. Not really.

I'd wanted to mention how it was difficult to get an even coverage of the flakies all over the nail, but I do realise that it's difficult to do that and it kills the whole spirit of random patterning. Guess free-spiritedness is something that a lot of people need to learn. Especially for Singaporeans, we're all so uptight and stressed. In general, I suppose.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a good 2012! Speaking of which, makes it clearly ironic that I've used Nubar 2010... (I need to stop living in the past.)

x, Ish


No comments:

Post a Comment