Thursday, January 12, 2012

the first time i sported red nails


Sally Hansen - Red Carpet

This is the first time I ever wore red!!! :-) I was so excited, and yet worried at the same time that my untrimmed claws would make my hands look witchy. I can't really decide if my hands do or don't though, Red Carpet blew my mind!

Red Carpet has a pure red jelly base jammed packed with red micro glitter which sparkles like crazy in the sun!

Somehow I thought I would have chosen a slightly vampy shade because I was always too afraid to try red. I guess that's because my mom always told me ''that's too womanly for you'' and there was just something about the way she said ''womanly''. It carried with it a heavy tone of judgment.

Anyhow, I'm sooo glad I scored this darling, at <$5 (USD)! Thank you Sally Hansen. It dried quickly (I completed my manicure in under fifteen minutes complete with Seche topcoat) and wasn't that much of a pain to remove despite the glitter in it. No staining too, as I'd expected with a red colour.

Also, while in the US, I stopped by Sephora and checked out CND effects polishes. (I truly cannot remember the name of the collection right now... I will update this post once I remember it/manage to find it through Google!) The flakies were so hyped about but when I tried them I was rather disappointed. For the quality of flakies and the price of the sets - purchasing Nubar 2010, Essie Luxe Effects Shine of the Times or Cult Nails Clairvoyant (aka Unicorn Puke) is a way better option because they're all $10 (USD) or under.

x, Ish


No comments:

Post a Comment